Eton Mess might not be the prettiest of puddings (the clue is in the name) but it’s the ultimate Summer pud’.
Fresh, sweet, zingy, creamy… when done right, it’s pudding perfection.
The following recipe is a bit of an Eastern twist on the classic Eton Mess.
Boasting coconut, cardamom and rose syrup, it’s vibrant, refreshing and very deserving of its ‘Eastern Mess’ name!
Eastern Mess (serves 2)
Ingredients: 250g strawberries, 1 big meringue, 1 can coconut cream, seed of 1 green cardamom pod (crushed), rose syrup, a few sprigs of fresh mint
1. Scoop the ‘solid’ part of the coconut cream can into a big bowl, then whisk until it forms soft peaks, then whisk in the crushed cardamom seeds.
2. Wash, dry and chop the strawberries.
3. Crush the meringue into bite-sized bits.
(steps 1, 2 and 3 can be made in advance, just keep everything in the fridge until you’re ready to serve!)
4. Pile up the different ingredients into a glass cup, finishing up with a drizzle of rose syrup and a fresh mint sprig on top and serve immediately.
There’s something about the sunny weather that just calls for everyday mini-garden parties and evening cocktails.
Yes, even on Mondays. The beginning of a long week deserves a celebratory long drink.
Especially when it’s as easy to make as these Raspberry Wine Spritzer!
Raspberry Wine Spritzer is the lazy alternative to Sangria.
Less ingredients, less prep time but that same ‘summer in a glass’ vibe!
Serve in your favourite patch of sunshine, sit back, smile and relax!
Truly the ultimate summer drink!
Raspberry Wine Spritzer (for 1 glass)
Ingredients: 80ml Black Raspberry Sparkling Ice Sparkling Water (chilled), 150ml chilled rosé wine (I used Côtes de Provence), 4 ice cubes, berries to serve
1. In a large wine glass, place the ice cubes and a few berries (I used blueberries).
2. Pour in the rosé, then top with Black Raspberry Sparkling Ice.
3. Garnish with yet more berries (redcurrants here) and serve immediately.
PS: If you want to make a big batch (for a party for example), simply combine the wine and Sparkling Ice water into a large drink dispenser and serve ice and berries on the side for your guests to garnish their own drinks.