Admitedly, I have quite mixed feelings about transitioning from summer to winter.
Yay for cosy nights at home with all the candles, all the snuggly blankets and all the hot drinks. Absolutely nay to freezing toes and fingers (mine actually turn the most charming shade of purple-ey grey at times) and night time starting at 3:30pm.
That said, fall is an absolute charmer of a season.
Beautiful golden leaves, cinnamon scent and cashmere everything – there are so many reasons to be excited about autumn!
- Being able to drink hot tea all day, every day without anyone raising an eyebrow. Turns out you don’t get that sort of acceptance when you ask for a cup of peppermint tea in the middle of a heatwave…
- Not having to think about which nail colour you want. Dark red ’til Spring it is!
- Cashmere sweater weather (the best kind of weather). That plus black jeans/a cute skirt with black tights and boots and that’s all your fall outfits sorted.
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Need I say more?
- Soup being back on the menu! Super easy to make, hot, healthy, satisfying all at once – soup is just souper!
- Not feeling any remorse to ditch any going out plans and stay home – Comfort (carb-based) food, Netflix & chill is what chilly Autumn nights are made for!
- Cinnamon everything. Apple strudel, cinnamon rolls, hot chocolate, apple pie – cinnamon is the flavour of the season!
- New seasons of all your fave TV shows. After months with nothing better to binge than the 2500th re-run of Friends, the wait is finally over!
- Stew. Mashed potato. Roasted potatoes. Bolognese. Pie. Carbs are BACK!
- Massive blanket-like scarves. Don’t you just love being able to use nasty air drafts as an excuse to wear a comforter around your person at all times?
- Squash and pumpkin – because what’s better than food you can use as decorations until it gets roasted!
- Putting your vast collection of deliciouly scented candles to good use. Apple pie & cinnamon cookie candles, it’s your time to shine!
- It FINALLY being socially appropriate to talk about Christmas. I’ve been ready since July, but y’a know, the rest of the world wasn’t quite on board with discussing wrapping theme and festive cocktails just yet!
What makes you excited about autumn? Are you a jumping-in-the-golden-leaves or a cuddle-up-with-a-good-book kind of person?
Pumpkin Spice Latte pancakes (V)
The best carrot cake recipe (V)
The perfect night in in 5 steps