Summer, Summer, Summertiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!
If you ask me, there’s only one true way to now if summer is on its way. One very simple test. Do I want to wear pastel nailpolish or do I stick to my dear Rouge Noir?
We all have a favourite season. Some like Winter and the snow, some prefer Fall and its beautiful colours, or Spring with all its flowers. But Summer, with its barbecue parties and beac holiday plans has always been my personal favourite. I’m never happier than when I wear jean shorts, a white linen Tshirt and sandals, sit in the sun and sip on one too many cups of Pimm’s (oops!), so today, I wanted to share my absolute summer essentials.
2. Stay Matte pressed powder, Rimmel: I love hot weather and all, but shiny skin, not so much. Luckily, this does the job perfectly and is cheap as chips! #WinWin
3. Glass bottle, BKR: I said it before, I said it again: those are the BEST! And it seems Selfridges is now stocking them, so you won’t have to deal with the whole “do I really want to pay that much in P&P?” issue!
4. Aloe Vera Gel, Banana Boat: My skin is just the worse: as soon as there is ANY kind of change in the weather, it starts drying out, cracking etc… So convenient when the weather changes about 12 times a day. So I’m trying everything I can possibly put my hands on to see what works best to keep things in control, and sofar, this seems to do the trick. I also love that it dries very quickly and doesn’t stick when you put clothes on afterwards. Not sure I’m a massive fan of the Shrek-like green colour though, so might try to find a “cleaner” alternative next time around.
5. Pore Refining Solution Instant Perfector, Clinique: Shine-free, Photoshoped-like skin anyone? This thing is basically magic in a bottle (and you can use it on top of your make-up too!).
6. Aqua Smoky Lash mascara, Make Up For Ever: When they say “waterproof”, they mean it. Go on, jump in that pool and have fun!
7. Maximillian Strasse nailpolish, Essie: Some people start wearing shorts and flip-flops the second the sun starts shining. Instead, I just switch my usual dark red polish for some sort of pastel mint. This one, by Essie, is one of my absolute faves.
8. Audrey Swimsuit, Princesse Tam Tam: 😍😍😍 (I think it says it all)
9. Mojito Ice Lollie, Ice Kitchen: Just what it says on the bag: Mojito. In a Lollie. Life is good!
10. Ultra Light Daily UV Defense, Kiehl’s: A no-brainer this one, really. When there’s sun, wear sunscreen, your skin will thank you.
What are your summer favourites? Anything I should check out? (Would take any excuse to go shopping, really! Please help!)