‘Tis -almost- the season.
Sorry for all the Scrooge out there, but it’s true!
And though tradition plays an important role in end-of-the-year celebrations, this year, I’ve decided to go slightly off track, break with convention and try something new.
Not too new though. As I recently explained, the whole idea is to take traditional ingredients and combine them in a creative way to achieve a fresh take on the traditional holiday dinner.
A sort of Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner 2.0 if you will.
One of my favourite things to make this time of the year are roasted nut.
With salt & rosemary, with soy sauce or with cinnamon, roasted nuts never fail me, and these Coconut Curry Roasted Cashews are no exception.
Vegan, dairy free AND not boring, sweet, salty, spicy and incredibly more-ish, they are both satisfying and healthy, hence make for an excellent snack and an even better edible gift.
They’re so easy & quick to put together and keep really well, so you can make a big batch & hand out small bags of them to neighbours and visitors…
Or make a big jar for yourself to snack on while writing Christmas cards/wrapping all the presents/convincing your introvert side that it’s excited for all the socializing to come…
I won’t tell if you don’t!
Coconut Curry Roasted Cashews (makes one 400ml jar)
- 130g raw cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- a good pinch of sea salt
- zest from 1/2 lime, finely grated
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
2. In a bowl, mix together the cashews and coconut oil until they’re all well coated. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until well the nuts are well coated.
3. Spread the nuts onto a baking sheet & sprinkle with a bit more salt.
4. Bake for 15 min or until golden. Leave to cool completely before transfering to an airtight container.