Bonfires burning & bright pumpkin faces in the night…
Witches, ghosts, vampires & zombies gathering in the shadows…
It’s definitely time to get ready for the most frightful night of the year!
Line up the candy apples, befriend a few spiders, get working on the pumpkin carving & dust the old potion book…
… For there’s no Halloween party without a spooky (witches’) brew of a Halloween cocktail!
My elixir of choice? How about a Bloody Ghoul’s Goblet*?!
Just don’t be alarmed when you see some creepy creatures at the bottom of your glass, for if you don’t garnish drinks with worms & tarantula brains on Halloween, then when?
Bloody Ghoul’s Goblet (serves 1)
- 35ml Tanqueray gin
- 150ml ginger ale
- 2 slices blood orange + juice of 1/4
- a few drops red food colouring
- Gummy worm sweets, mini plastic spiders, pomegranate seeds & small blackberries
1. Fill an ice tray with gummy worms sweets, plastic spiders & small blackberries (a few to each square) and add water. Add a few drops of food colouring, then freeze.
2. Add 2–3 gummy worm sweet ice cubes to a tumbler glass.
3. Pour Tanqueray gin into the tumbler, add the blood orange juice and top with ginger ale.
4. Garnish with blood orange slices and pomegranate seeds & serve immediately.
PIN FOR LATER: