I’m having the Valentine’s blues.
No more brilliant excuse to buy all the cheesy cards, or have chocolate dessert at the end of every meal. Which is a shame, really, ’cause those are some of my very favourite things.
But you know what, I might just keep living as if #EveryDaysValentinesDay.
Surely, all those 50% off stickers are a sign that I should stock up on all the cards and heart-shaped everything. And as for chocolate, I never really need an excuse (and even if I did, chocolate actually makes you happy, right? So #JustWhatTheDoctorOrdered)…
Plus I have found the best ever recipe for mini chocolate lava cakes.
AKA the easiest, most irresistible and adorable chocolate puddings ever.
Just look at that melted chocolate centre! #Thingsdreamsaremadeof
Now tell me you’re not even a little bit tempted to join the #EveryDaysValentinesDay team…
Mini chocolate lava cake (serves 2)
Ingredients: 50g chocolate + 4 squares, 1 big egg, 40g sugar, 25g butter (+ some for the ramequins), 2 teaspoons flour (+ a bit for the ramequins)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 250°C
2. Melt your chocolate and butter (either using a bain marie or in the microwave)
3. Add in the egg, sugar and flour and give it a good mix
4. Pour 1/3 of the batter in two (buttered and floured) ramequins, pop 2 extra squares of chocolate in each pot and top with the rest of the batter
5. Bake for 9-12 min and serve immediately (preferably with a nice scoop of ice cream and some caramel sauce on top…)