It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas.
There are so many things to love this time of the year it’s hard for me to choose a favourite.
But Christmas cookies are definitely amongst my favourite traditions and I always bake a few of them in case anyone is still hungry after the festive feasts (nobody is but the cookies still get eaten…).
And this year, those rustic but rather wonderful Peanut Butter Cookies will definitely be part of my selection!
Ingredients (for about 30 small cookies): 70g of smooth peanut butter, 30g of soft butter, 100g of granulated sugar, 160g of flour, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon of bicarb of soda, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until well-combined.
3. Add the egg and mix until well-combined.
4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix together until well combined.
5. Roll the dough into small balls (a bit bigger than a chocolate truffle). Place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
6. Using a fork, flatten each cookie using a cross pattern.
7. Bake for about 7-8 minutes.
Those cookies would be perfect as part of a Christmas hamper… or a great nibble for a night of Christmas-card writing!