The first time I bought chocolate with sea salt in it, I was more than sceptical about whether or not I would like it.
But the second it touched my tongue, I was in love and blaming myself for not having guessed I’d love it. I mean, I’m SUCH a sucker for anything with salted caramel in it, so it only made sense, didn’t it?
And with this Sea salt & Milk chocolate mousse, I took the whole shebang a step further by adding yet more salt to my favourite Green & Black Milk chocolate with Sea salt.
The result went beyond everything I could have ever hoped for; what I got was perfectly balanced, sweet, salty, almost caramel-y airy and light mousses.
Trust me on that one: take a few minutes and make this tonight. You won’t regret it.
Oh, and did I tell you those were only about 180 cal each… #JustSaying
Sea salt and Milk Chocolate Mousse
Ingredients (serves 4): 1 bar of Green & Black Milk Chocolate with Sea Salt (100g), 2 big eggs, a good pinch of salt flakes
1. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and sit it over a pan of gently simmering water. Leave to slowly melt, stirring occasionally.
2. Separate your eggs so you have the whites in one bowl and the yolks in another.
3. Whisk the whites until they form soft peaks.
4. Add the egg yolks and the salt flakes to the melted chocolate and mix thouroughly (you might want to add a few spoonful of hot water as well if it gets to thick).
5. Fold the chocolatey mix through the eggs whites.
6. Divide the mixture between small glasses/cups and pop in the fridge for at least two hours for it to set.