I’m not the kind of person who love birthdays. Or actually, I love them when it’s somebody else’s (because it gives me a good excuse to bake cakes and write cards and wrap presents and do all the things I love).
I’m, however, not quite as good at dealing with my own birthday. I have this weird thing with presents, and I definitely don’t know how to deal with surprises.Oh, and I don’t quite like the ‘I’m so oooooold’ feeling (even if I probably shouldn’t worry about this too much as I’m still being asked for IDs in most places…).
But this year’s a big one as I’m going to be turning 25 in 4 months. I can hardly believe it, it’s like each year is shorter than the one before. So I thought I’d make it a bit less crazy/scary by setting myself 25 goals to reach before my birthday (so I feel like I’ve done things with my life etc etc…).
Make jam (pinapple-rum-vanilla IS a winning combination, in case you were wondering!)
3. Eat jellyfish (what do you say, yay or yuck?)
5. Make falafels at home (Can you feel the Lebanese feast coming?)
6. Poach eggs (it’s just ridiculous how long I’ve postponned that!)
7. Go to Street Feast
8. Cook at least one recipe from all of my cookbooks
9. Have really good sushi (it’s been too long!)
12. Book tickets to The Lion King
13. Go to Greenwich
14. Go to the V&A
15. Keep up with daily abs exercise for 1 month
16. Fit in my jean shorts again
17. Get a pedicure
18. De-clutter my wardrobe
19. and my kitchen cupboards!
20. Get tested for HIV (not fun, I hate bloodtests!)
21. Read 10 books (any recommendations?) Sofar I’ve read: Une Page d’Amour, Emile Zola; La Faute de l’Abbé Mouret, Emile Zola; 1984, George Orwell; The 13 problems, Agatha Christie; Not that kind of girl, Lena Dunham (5/10)
22. Travel to somewhere I’ve never been I’m going to the US at the end of June! Wooo!
Give a talk
24. Learn how to use the manual settings on my camera
25. Organise something special to celebrate being 1/4-of-a-century old!
What do you want to achieve this year? Anything exciting? Let me know!