When they find out how obsessed I am with all things food, some people assume I spend the vast majority of my time in my kitchen, cooking up a strom and making everything from scratch.
People who do know me know that’s not quite the case and I’m actually the laziest of cooks.
The kind that finds cheat’s tricks to whip up something delicious in no time and with minimal effort so she can maximise her Netflix marathon session time.
And these lazy fish tacos fit the lazy bill just right.
Rich, zingy, fresh, ‘Mehicoooo’ flavours, ready to be wrapped into soft, warm corn taco wraps in next-to-no time.
What makes them so easy, you ask?
Two words: Fish. Fingers.
The perfect recipe for when it feels like a long week but it’s only Monday afternoon.
Or Netflix finally releases Friends and you have great weekend plans to re-re-re-binge it all…
Taco’bout a winner dinner recipe!
- 10 fish fingers
- 1 avocado
- 2 limes
- 1 big can corn
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 1/2 red onion or spring onion, chopped
- Pickled jalapeno to taste, roughly chopped
- Fresh coriander
- Your favourite hot sauce
- Olive oil
- Chilli flakes
- Salt, pepper
- Follow the instructions to cook your fish fingers (I find baking's the easiest/laziest way!). 5 min before the fish fingers are done, add the tortilla wraps into the oven.
- In the meantime, blend the avocado with 1 lime, some salt, pepper, chilli pepper and coriander leaves.
- Heat up 1 tbsp olive oil into a frying pan. Add the corn and cook until slightly roasted (about 5min). Transfer into a bowl, then add chopped red onion/spring onion and pickled jalapeno. Season with lime juice, salt, pepper and fresh coriander.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo and hot sauce.
- Bring everything onto the table and let people build their own tacos.
lazy easy dinner recipes
Tray-roast salad (GF & V option)