The old fashioned is the classic whisky cocktail.
And you know me, there’s nothing I like more than putting a twist on a classic…
Especially when said twist happens to be a festive one.
I mean, there’s a very limited period of time when people (my boyfriend) won’t judge me for adding cinnamon and cranberry to any food/drink that gets near me. And I fully intend to make the absolute most of it.
The perfect festive mix of sweet cranberry syrup, zesty orange and warming cinnamon, this festive old fashioned remains true to its classic roots, but with a little cheer-y lift.
The perfect berry & bright tipple to go alongside a spot of tree decorating and Bublé singalong.
But you know the drill – don’t drink and drive, ‘elf and safety etc…
- 2 large orange peel
- 3 fresh cranberries + more to garnish
- 10 ml cinnamon syrup
- 50 ml Woodford Reserve bourbon
- 3 ice cubes
- A few dashes cranberry bitters
- Place one of orange peels and the cranberries into a cocktail shaker. Add the cinnamon syrup and muddle lightly with a bar spoon.
- Top with a double mesure of Woodford Reserve bourbon.
- Add the ice cubes and stir with a bar spoon until ice cold, then strain into a tumbler glass.
- Top with a few dashes of cranberry bitters.
- Twist the remaining orange peel over the drink to release citrus oil, then rub the inside of the peel on the rim of the glass.
- Garnish with skewered cranberries and serve immediately.