Christmas is –finally– coming!
There’s less than 20 days to go ’til the most wonderful day of the year and -having been ready for it since the beginning of August- I’m so excited.
I’m not going to lie; part of it is because, for the first time ever, we managed to get a date in the diary to host our own little Christmas party. And we’ve managed to agree on said date early enough for all of your favourite people to not be already triple book, which means everyone was there.
Which made things both very exciting and a teeny tiny bit complicated in terms of logistics, given that we hosted 15 people and only have 4 chairs. So yeah, Christmas-themed drinks and canapés it was!
So this week, I’ll be sharing the snacks I made for our little festive get-together – starting with those amazing cranberry & turkey sausage rolls.
Super easy to make and soooooo festive, they’re a party favourite.
No matter how many you make (there’s no such thing as too many), they’ll disappear in a flash!
- 1 pack all-butter puff pastry
- 1 pack (350g) turkey sausage meat or sausages
- 100g fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- salt, pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sausage meat, cranberries and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Place this mix into a pipping bag (or a sandwich bag if you don't have one).
- Roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle, then cut into two long rectangles.
- Use your piping bag to place a layer of sausage meat down the middle of each pastry rectangle, then brush each with beaten egg on one edge.
- Fold the other side of the pastry over onto the egg-washed edge. Press down to seal and trim any excess. Cut each pastry roll into 8-10 small sausage rolls.
- Place the sausage rolls onto the baking tray. Brush the top of each roll with a little more egg and bake for 15-20 min. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More festive inspiration