Forget about date night – it’s all about the date morning nowadays. The sticky date porridge mornings, that is!
But what can I say… If it tastes like pudding whilst actually having the nutritious values of the breakfast of champions, I just can’t resist it!
The perfect crossing between the traditional British pudding and the most comforting of all breakfasts, this sticky date porridge is the ultimate cold-weather breakfast.
Warm, comforting and utterly satisfying!
- 60g porridge oats
- 240ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp date syrup (+some to drizzle on top)
- 1 tsp pine or pecan nuts
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
- In a small saucepan, mix together the oats, almond milk and date syrup.
- Heat up on low heat and cook until it thickens (about 5 min).
- Pour the porridge in a bowl.
- Drizzle with a little bit of date syrup, sprinkle with the nuts and seeds and spoon away immediately!
So what do you say? Breakfast date?
More seasonal recipes
The best squash soup (VE)