The days are getting shorter.
The nights are getting longer.
And every day, it’s becoming a little bit harder to gather the strength to get out of bed as soon as the alarm rings.
But worry not – I know just the trick.
Cake for breakfast with a healthy twist. That’s the trick.
Exibit A – my banana bread porridge.
Warming, comforting, stuffed with fruit, fibre and bags of potassium, banana bread porridge is the ultimate brekkie to peel awesome all autumn long!
Take that, SAD!
- 1 ripe banana
- 30g rolled oats
- 100ml almond milk or water
- 1 tsp ground almond
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- nut butter and/or banana coins to garnish
- Crush the banana roughly with a fork.
- Put the banana, oats, almond milk, groudn almond, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 min, stirring as much as you can to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Taste and adjust sweetness to taste, then pour into a bowl. Garnish with a spoonful of nut butter and a few banana coins and serve.
More cake-inspired breakfast recipes
Cranberry bakewell porridge (V, VG & GF options)
Lemon drizzle porridge (V, VG & GF options)
Sticky toffee porridge (VG, GF option)