Sooooo… My diet over the last month has been 80% deep-fried takeaway food and 110% carbs. #sohealthy #not
But now that the flat’s finally starting to feel like home, it’s about time for me to go back into the kitchen and onto the (mainly*) healthy eating bandwagon.
*because there really isn’t any point in me pretending I’m going to quit chips and bread, is there?
Buddha bowls – colourful combinations of vegetables, grains and protein, all piled up in a bowl – are one of this year’s top food trends.
And that’s really no wonder seing that a buddha bowl is:
- The best when it comes to healthy yet satisfying meals
- A genius way to use up leftovers and reduce food waste (any- and everything pretty much goes!)
- Packed with fibers, vitamins, high-quality proteins and antioxydants
- My new go-to lunch for all the above reasons!
My current favourite is this Spring-inspired little number.
Green beans, quinoa, radishes, pistachios, olives and a zesty, lemony dressing… Spring lunch perfection!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- Fistful fresh green beans, stems removed
- Small handful radishes
- 1 tbsp black olives
- 1 tsp pistachio, slightly crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, pepper
- Cook quinoa according to packaging instruction.
- Blanch the beans for about 5 min in a pot of boiling water. Rince with cold water and strain well.
- Remove the stalks from the radishes, then slice them thinly using a sharp knife or a mandoline.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, a sprinkle of salt and some black pepper.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl, then drizzle with the lemon dressing and devour!