Most years, February is only bearable because it’s so short. Funny how 28 days somehow pass by much quicker than our usual 30 or 31 isn’t it?
And with Spring making an early appearance, plus many ‘February favourites’-worthy moments and things happening, the past month has gone by even quicker than it usually does…
1. Smokestak. I had been aching to go back to Smokestak since our first visit back in December, and it finally happened this month. Happy to report than the brisket bun is just as dreamy, the ribs just as succulent and the potato rarebit just as indulgent as it was on our first visit. Couldn’t quite manage the amazing sticky toffee pud’ this time round… so I suppose we’ll just have to go back!
2. The Mousetrap. We had tickets for Agatha Christie’s record breaking (it’s been running for 64 years!) show earlier this month and despite already knowing the plot (having already seen the play a few years ago), we had a delightful couple of hours debating who the murderer was and munching on macarons.
3. Making travel plans. Slowly but surely, we’ve been moving forward with organising our early-March trip to Dublin. Book of Kell, whisky shops & beef stew, you better be ready!
We also made plans to visit Munich later that month (much excitement!) and I might also head to Brighton with my fave for a few days somewhere in the middle as well (much excitement, again!).
4. Mellow Mallow Salted Caramel marshmallows. I know I might be overreacting a bit there but SALTED. CARAMEL. MARSHMALLOWS! #LifeMade
5. Not buying stuff. I’m not a big shopping-aholic. Or at least that’s what I thought. And then we decided to go on a spend-ban for a month and OMG IT WAS AMAZING! Not only have we managed to put a fair bit of extra money aside (which could come in handy for say, a flat deposit…), but there has been many other good things happening on the back of it. I know it’s not what this blog is usually about, but I’m thinking of writing about in more details soon… Any taker?
6. This salad. So pretty, so tasty!
7. My Anker phone charger. HOW DID I EVER LIVE WITHOUT ONE OF THOSE BEFORE?
8. Pots & Co new ‘White range’. Vegan readers (and pudding lovers), I have good news! My favourite ready-made pud’ brand, Pots & Co, now carries a small vegan range and the Mango, Lime & Coconut flavour is TO DIE FOR. It’s fresh, fruity and all in all, as good as (if not better than) my all-time fave (the Salted caramel chocolate pot). Which, considering my extensive collection of little blue ceramic pots, is really saying something.
9. The Girl Before. The best thriller I’ve read since Gone Girl.
10. Our (future) new home. Dreamy location, big windows, wooden floors throughout, open kitchen and very very strong Pinterest potential, I think it’s safe to say we have found our unicorn! Now, to find some furniture to put inthere…
11. Hudson whiskey tasting masterclass Their rye is basically all my cocktail-whisky dreams come true.
12. Essie’s Wicked ❤❤❤
What have you been loving in February?