Shorter days, longer nights, chilly mornings & sweater weather… It looks like summer’s indeed over!
Which can only mean one thing: it’s Pumpkin Spice Latte season! Excited much?
I’m not a big coffee drinker (my stomach won’t let me) but Starbuck’s PSL goes far beyond being the hot drink of the season.
In my opinion, it’s also an excellent way to autum-up some of your favourite sweet treats.
My favourite to date? These Pumpkin Spice Latte Pancakes.
I mean, pancakes and coffee and cinnamon all at once?
Fall brunch winner right there!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Pancakes (serves 2-3)
- 120g wholemeal flour
- 120g plain flour
- 1 bag of dehydrated yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 tall Pumpkin Spice Latte (cream and all…)
- Coffee or maple syrup to serve
1. Mix all the ingredients together until you get a kind-of smooth batter. Let the batter stand for at least an hour or overnight.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat (add a bit of oil or butter if necessary), then add a laddle of batter into the pan. When the top of the pancake starts to bubble, turn it over and cook for about 10 more sec. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
3. Drizzle with syrup and serve immediately.
PIN FOR LATER: